Beverlywood borders Pico-Robertson on the north, Palms on the south, Mid-City on the east and Cheviot Hills on the west. The west side of Beverlywood is locally known as Castle Heights. The neighborhood was developed in 1940 by Walter H. Leimert who also developed Leimert Park. Beverlywood is a quiet, affluent community and one of the first neighborhoods in Los Angeles to have binding CC&Rs. Homeowners are required to pay dues to the Beverlywood Homeowners Association and get access to some of the area’s private parks. The HOA does have restrictions limiting housing size, style, color and design along with additional restrictions on landscaping. Beverlywood is predominantly a residential area with very little businesses and restaurants. The best thing about the neighborhood is that it is centrally located to other great parts of Los Angeles like West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Culver City, Downtown and the beach.